USAJOBS - Federal Government Application Process
USAJOBS.gov is the official employment site for the United States Government. It connects job seekers with federal employment opportunities in the United States as well as abroad.
Here is a short list of the many agencies that utilize the USAJOBS.gov site for hiring:
TIPS FOR INCREASING THE SUCCESS OF YOUR USAJOBS.GOV APPLICATION:
1. Understand that the resume you use for the USAJOBS.gov site is substantially longer than a resume you would use for a position in the private sector.
2. Be sure to sign up for email notifications for openings with certain agencies and in specific demographic regions.
3. Federal openings typically have a time window in which you have to submit your application. Make sure you do not miss the deadline!
4. If you are interested in a position, apply for it! It does not look poorly if you apply for lots of positions.
5. Refer to the Office of Personnel Management's website for the educational background and course requirements for each position series.
Opportunities for Veteran students or dependents: