Strategic planning at Western consists of a coordinated group of processes that collectively prescribe actions that strengthen the College’s ability to fulfill its statutory role and mission and its institutional mission. These planning efforts represent the collaborative work and vision of the faculty, staff, students, and trustees of the College.
- 2009-2014 Strategic Plan (pdf file). The Board of Trustees approved the Plan on June 12, 2009. The Plan sets forth initiatives grouped into five broad areas: enrollment growth, academic development, student life, facilities and capital planning, and funding. Implementation of these initiatives will be sequenced with the expectation that action in all areas will have occurred by 2014. A worksheet that outlines progress on each of the sub-initiatives is presented at each meeting of the Board of Trustees.
- 2010 Facilities Master Plan (pdf; this is a large file, 22 MB). This plan outlines space and facility needs and presents a list of construction projects to be pursued in the coming years.
- Report on Intercollegiate Athletics (pdf). This November 2010 Cabinet report relies heavily on the findings of the Ad Hoc Committee on Intercollegiate Athletics. This study of intercollegiate athletics at Western was prescribed by the 2009-2014 Strategic Plan.
- Policies that guide campus strategic planning.
- Colorado Higher Education Strategic Planning. The State's strategic planning effort will result in a new Master Plan for Colorado Postsecondary Education by December 2010.
© 2009 Western State College of Colorado Updated 6/11