For students, by students, no extra charge!
Housed in IT Services, the Student Helpdesk is a full service technical support shop where Western students can bring all of their computing problems, including any and all of your personal devices (game consoles included!) and we will will do our best to get them working, all for no extra charge! This service reflects the personal touch you will get from Western.
Contact UsTaylor Hall 125, Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm, (970) 943-3333, firstname.lastname@example.org
Examples of what we work on include the following, but just because it is not on the list, doesn't mean we can't help so please ask!
- Internet connection (computers, phones, tablets, etc.)
- Virus and malware removal
- Help with game consoles - Xbox, Playstation, Wii, etc.
- Computer hardware issues, including installing new hard drives
- Software installation, including full system restoration
If you are bringing in your computer, make sure to include your power supply, cables and/or any software you want us to install.
- Username and password issues, including password reset (bring your Western ID)
- MyWestern account
- Online Courses
- Student and teacher drives
- Student E-mail
We cannot break the law.
Please don't ask us to participate in anything illegal, such as software piracy or downloading copyrighted material that you do not own. It is important that if you bring a computer to campus you have the original installation media and necessary installation codes for re-installation should it be necessary.
Invalidate your warranty.
In many cases it will void the warranty of your system if we remove certain components or open the system case. We'll do our best to help with hardware diagnosis and repair within these guidelines.