Alumni E-mail Migration
- First change your western.edu google password https://madjackmail.western.edu/googlepassreset/prompt.aspx. This password will only be used for forwarding your e-mail. This will not affect the password associated with your student ID.
- Then log into your western.edu google apps account http://western.edu/madjackmail, go to Settings and then to the IMAP/POP tab and enable POP.
- Then log into your westernalum.org at http://mail.westernalum.org Google account and go to Settings and Accounts and select: Add a POP3 mail account you own.
- Add your Western e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make sure the username has @western.edu - email@example.com.
Use the POP password you just set (see Example below).
- The pop server is pop.gmail.com and the port is 995.
- You must check: Always use a secure connection (SSL) when retrieving mail.
- Click Add Account
- If all works as expected, the account will be added and your mail will move from your @western account.
BE PATIENT! It takes a while (longer than you would think) for the mail to move across.
Student Account Deletion
Your student account (email and S drive)