Alumni E-mail Migration
- First change your western.edu google password https://madjackmail.western.edu/googlepassreset/prompt.aspx. This password will only be used for forwarding your e-mail. This will not affect the password associated with your student ID.
- Then log into your western.edu google apps account http://western.edu/madjackmail, go to Settings and then to the IMAP/POP tab and enable POP.
- Then log into your westernalum.org at http://mail.westernalum.org Google account and go to Settings and Accounts and select: Add a POP3 mail account you own.
- Add your Western e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make sure the username has @western.edu - email@example.com.
Use the POP password you just set (see Example below).
- The pop server is pop.gmail.com and the port is 995.
- You must check: Always use a secure connection (SSL) when retrieving mail.
- Click Add Account
- If all works as expected, the account will be added and your mail will move from your @western account.
BE PATIENT! It takes a while (longer than you would think) for the mail to move across.
Student Account Deletion
Your student account (email and S drive) will be deleted 30 days into the next semester. For example, if you are graduating in the Spring of 2014 then your student account will be deleted 30 days after the start of the Fall semester.