Interested in being a summer Conference Assistant for the 2014 season?
You can view the job description below. Contact Kristen Satterlee at email@example.com for more information. Application process begins March 6th.
- Title: Conference Assistant
- General Description:
The Summer Conference Assistant works in conjunction with the Office of Residence Life & Conference Services to deliver quality service to conference guests who visit Western State Colorado University during the summer months. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, day-to-day conference support, residence hall administration, linen service, customer service, “on-call duty”, conference group check-in and check-out, and additional duties as assigned.
- Assist with projects at the beginning of the season which may include moving furniture, inventorying conference supplies, and preparing halls for guests
- Work with Conference Supervisors and Residence Life staff in coordinating all lodging, meals, and facility usage for the season
- Communicate with and provide special needs for individual conference groups
- Work with individual conferences with all facility needs on campus including:
- Access to academic buildings and gym facilities
- Room setups
- Water station setups
- Practice field coordination
- Setup and assist with AV needs for individual conferences
- Work with Campus Security regarding incidents involving conference groups
- Respond to the day-to-day needs of the conference groups to insure quality service
- Help with greeting summer guests in the Dining facility
- Work with Conference Supervisors and Residence Life staff in preparing all residence halls for conference guests
- Dispersing linens to all rooms and areas as needed
- Removal of all linen from rooms
- Coordinating pickup time of linens with linen service
- Act as an ambassador to the summer conference guests for Western
- Serve in on-call rotation with other Conference Assistants
- Assist with conference group check-in and check-out and help distribute and retrieve keys
- Attend and participate in weekly staff meetings
- Attend conference group meetings as requested
- Work in conjunction with custodial staff to provide services to guests in residence halls
- Attend required staff training
- Other duties as assigned
- Time Commitment:
This is a 3/4 time position with varied work hours including evenings and weekends. The average workweek is 30 – 35 hours. Approximate dates of employment are May 27, 2014 through August 20, 2014 with the possibility for work projects prior to May 27th start date.
Hourly wage of $8.50 to be paid monthly