Work Order Submission
IT Services strives to process every service request in a timely and efficient manner. Given limited resources, we are forced to categorize and prioritize each request in the following manner:
- High. Time sensitive, work inhibiting failures that affect a single individual or small portion of the campus. Examples are: Your computer fails to boot up, projector bulb needs to be replaced, computer is not working in a classroom, not getting email, federally or state mandated time sensitive reports are due.
- Target response time: Contact submitter within one hour, have a plan, workaround or fix in place in no more than one working day.
- Normal. Day to day functions performed by IT Services, not necessarily time sensitive, often reoccurring. Examples: Reporting, software upgrades, phone service moves, aging hardware replacement.
- Target response time: Contact submitter in no more than one working day, have a plan, workaround or fix in place in no more than five working days.
- Low. Generally requests for enhancements or refinements, all systems are fully in order and functional but could be improved.
- Target response time: Contact submitter when time allows, work out timeline with submitter.
Subject to the above categorization, requests are processed in the order in which they are received.
If at all possible, please submit your own work requests! Submitting your own requests makes them easier to track, simplifies communications and generally results in better service. Thank you!