Supported Computing Hardware
IT Services only supports hardware that is owned by the University and used for University business and has been approved via the Hardware/Software Requisition process (HSR). Hardware which falls within the standard categories below must be selected from the approved models. If your hardware is not listed and/or does not fall within a category listed below, contact IT Services.
Inclusion in this list does not imply the University will necessarily provide said hardware, only that we will provide support for the models listed.
Laptops: (Laptops used as a desktop replacement must be purchased with a docking station)
- Dell Latitude E-series
- Apple Macbook Pro
- Dell Optiplex Series
- Apple iMac
Canon Copiers/Multifunction office machines (leased from BOSS)
- When possible all functions of the Canon Copiers (printing, scanning, faxing) should be enabled and used. IT Services will assist BOSS with setting up these services. Please note that BOSS provides service to their machines.
Black & White (8.5/11):
- HP LaserJets
- Please call IT Services for assistance in purchasing a new printer or if you have questions about your current printer.
- HP Color LaserJet
- Please call IT Services for assistance in purchasing a new color printer or if you have questions about your current printer.
Blackberry, connected via Blackberry Enterprise Server for University use
- Blackberry Curve, Pearl, Torch
- Most newer models will also work, contact IT Services before purchasing a University device
- Tablet devices (iPad, Android devices, etc.) purchased by the institution are supported by IT Services. New devices must be delivered to IT Services for configuration for use in the campus computing environment. All tablet devices must be secured with a PIN or password.
- *Purchases of tablet devices will only be authorized for use for classroom and teaching use.*
If the hardware device you require is not listed, please contact IT Services for assistance