Information for staff needing to access BANNER, MyWSCU, the telephone system and web based email.
- Outlook can be set up on your PC to view your email and calendar from the Exchange server.
- Outlook Web Access at http://www.western.edu/exchange can be used through a browser from on or off campus to view your email from the Exchange server. The password for your Exchange account and your network account will always be the same. Note: Either option will leave your email on the server so it will be available until you delete it.
- Access to email@example.com: This distribution list includes all faculty and staff. It is used for distributing information that may be of interest to all faculty and staff.
Technology Hardware/Software Issues
You can submit a work order through our work order system from on campus or simply call (970) 943-3123 to report an issue.
Logging In/Account Information
- An account for login to the network: Faculty account usernames are usually in the format fac_lastname (example fac_doe). This account is necessary for gaining access to the network through the PC that has been assigned to you. The password for this account and your Exchange account will always be the same.
- An account for access to MyWSCU. MyWSCU is a portal to several functions such as campus events, pay stubs, vacation time, administrative functions and for other personnel information. Access MyWSCU through the URL http://www.western.edu/inside/fac-staff. The password for your MyWSCU account and your network account will always be the same.
- An account for access to BANNER: BANNER is available to any faculty member who requires access to the university’s administrative database for performing university business. BANNER is a fully integrated, Oracle-based suite of applications used to retrieve data from student, human resources, financial aid, and finance modules. Information regarding access requirements will be necessary to receive this service. Appropriate training is available depending on the use required.
- A PIN will be provided for you for long distance calling from on campus to perform university business. After entering the area code and phone number, you will hear a tone. Enter your PIN at that time.
Note: The following communities are part of our local calling area - Crested Butte (349), Cimarron (862), Lake City (944), and Montrose (240, 249, 252, 277, 765).
- A calling card will be provided if it is deemed necessary for long distance calling from off campus to perform university business. The directions for long distance calling are found on the back of the card.
- You can call (970) 943-2613 from anywhere to access your voicemail
- ShoreTel software can be used to access your voicemail through your e-mail, please call IT Services for more information
A/V Equipment for Checkout
- A/V equipment for checkout: Most departments have their own laptops and projectors–but we can provide these if necessary. If you require any of these resources for your students to checkout, we must have written permission from you.