Hints for a strong password
IT Services encourages you to create strong passwords!
- General Hints
- Make passwords long, 8 characters minimum, twice that much better!
Use variety when choosing letters, numbers, symbols and punctuation.
- Things to Avoid
- Personal information (birthdate, first/last name, address, phone number)
Sequences or repeated characters (ex. 111 or aaa)
Dictonary words, even those of foriegn languages.
Any part of your username
- Think of something meaningful you will remember
- Use both upper and lower case letters
- Add punctuation, numbers, and symbols
- Check it!
- Type your new password into a secure password checker and see how it rates.