How do I forward my e-mail (to another e-mail address or phone)?
Forward mail from Western e-mail to a different e-mail address
- Click Settings in the upper right corner of the page
- Go to the tab 'Forwarding and Pop/Imap'
- Click on the button 'Add a forwarding address'
- Enter e-mail address where you want to receive mail
- Follow instructions sent to the e-mail address you entered above
IMAP/Pop your Western mail to another e-mail or phone
- You will need to reset your password (we recommend 'changing' it to the same password you already use) athttps://madjackmail.western.edu/googlepassreset/prompt.aspx
- Open your email application on your phone and select add account, if you do not see this option go to your settings click on your email options and click add account.
- Select Gmail as the provider.
- Your username and email account will both be your Western email address - email@example.com and your password will be what you reset it to at the beginning of these instructions.
- Incoming mail server will be imap.gmail.com or pop.gmail.com depending on whether you are using POP or IMAP.
- Outgoing mail server is smtp.gmail.com
- Gmail always uses SSL ports for IMAP and POP and SSL is required