How do I forward my e-mail (to another e-mail address or phone)?
Forward mail from Western e-mail to a different e-mail address
- Log into your Western Google E-mail account
- Click Settings in the upper right corner of the page
- Go to the tab 'Forwarding and Pop/Imap'
- Click on the button 'Add a forwarding address'
- Enter e-mail address where you want to receive mail
- Follow instructions sent to the e-mail address you entered above
IMAP/Pop your Western mail to another e-mail or phone
- You will need to reset your password (we recommend 'changing' it to the same password you already use) athttps://madjackmail.western.edu/googlepassreset/prompt.aspx
- Open your email application on your phone and select add account, if you do not see this option go to your settings click on your email options and click add account.
- Select Gmail as the provider.
- Your username and email account will both be your Western email address - firstname.lastname@example.org and your password will be what you reset it to at the beginning of these instructions.
- Incoming mail server will be imap.gmail.com or pop.gmail.com depending on whether you are using POP or IMAP.
- Outgoing mail server is smtp.gmail.com
- Gmail always uses SSL ports for IMAP and POP and SSL is required
Alumni e-mail migration
- First change your western.edu google password https://madjackmail.western.edu/googlepassreset/prompt.aspx
- Then log into your western.edu google apps account http://western.edu/madjackmail, go to Settings and then to the IMAP/POP tab and enable POP
- Then log into your westernalum.org at http://mail.westernalum.org google account and go to Settings and Accounts and add another account.
- Add your Western email address email@example.com and the username will be the same - firstname.lastname@example.org and the password is the one you just reset.
- The pop server is pop.gmail.com and the port is 995.
- You must check to use SSL.
- You can leave that account for all future messages to until your western.edu email address goes away.