Preparing for Your Residency
- April 2016 Final Residency Meeting PowerPoint.pptx
- Complete all the coursework within your academic major with a C- or better with an overall GPA of 2.75 or above
- Complete EDUC 000 Education Gateway Course with a satisfactory grade
- Compete EDUC 340 Brain-based Learning Motivation and Achievement
- Pass the Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators in reading, writing, and math. #5751
- Fingerprints Submit a VECHS volunteer fingerprint card to CBI or provide proof of clearance through the Colorado Dept. of Education (ex. through a CDE substitute license). credit card payment form
- Attend both mandatory Residency meetings, in Nov. and April.
Applying for Your Residency
Click here to create a TK20 account. Then, log into TK20 to complete the Undergraduate Residency application.
Undergraduate applications are due by Feb. 15, 2017.
Your advisor needs to review and sign the following application items:
- Unofficial Transcripts or Degree Works worksheet, showing that all major/minor requirements will be met, before Residency begins.
More about the PLACE and Praxis II tests
The Colorado Department of Education only accepts content knowledge tests administered by PLACE or Praxis II. PLACE was designed and developed for Colorado and will not be administered after May 2017, whereas Praxis II is a nationwide test and will continue to be used.
Please check that the test for which you are registering is approved by the State of Colorado and accepted for the endorsement that you are seeking.