ENVS Internship Blogs:
- ENVS Real Life: Follow the exploits of Western State Colorado Universitystudent interns in Gunnison and across the world!
Bureau of Land Management (Gunnison Office): The Gunnison BLM Office currently has 2 internship opportunities available for the summer. Contact Jeff Sellen in ENVS for more information.
- Water Workshop Internships: The Water Workshop, held annually in July on the Western campus, seeks work-study students and interns to assist with the organization of events. For more information, contact Jeff Sellen in ENVS.
- Mountain Roots Food Project: The MRFP has two paid internships available: Urban Garden Intern and Youth Garden Manager/Summer Camp Coordinator.
- Gunnison Farmers Market: The Farmers Market has two summer internships available. For more information, contact Beth Coop at email@example.com.
Crested Butte Land Trust Summer Internship: The main responsibilities of the Land Trust intern will be to work with the stewardship chairman, the director, and the stewardship committee to monitor and care for Land Trust properties and conservation easements and assist the staff with certain administrative duties and special events.
- Coal Creek Watershed Coalition: A collection of citizens and representatives from state and federal agencies as well as local community groups. The mission is to maintain, restore, and inhance the environmental integrity of the Coal Creek Watershed.
- High Country Citizens Alliance: HCCA "champions the protection, conservation, and preservation of the natural ecosystems within the Upper Gunnison River Basin.
- City of Gunnison: The city has a variety of paid internships available.
- Colorado State Forest Service (Gunnison Office): Applications are being accepted for a seasonal (May-Sept/Oct) greenhouse employee, 12-15 hours/week. This is a paid position that could also be organized as an internship. Contact Sam Pankratz at Sam.Pankratz@colostate.edu for more information.
- Arkansas Headwaters State Park: Internships are available.
- Fund for the Public Interest: FPI has paid internships available in cities across the United States, including Denver and Boulder in Colorado. Current campaigns in Colorado focus on Farm Subsidies and Water Quality.
SERC INTERNSHIP PROGRAM IN ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIES: The Smithsonian Environmental Research Center's (SERC) Internship Program offers undergraduate and beginning graduate students a unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the fields of environmental research and education.
These organizations provide lists of internships available and searchable databases.
The Student Conservation Association: The Student Conservation Association provides great opprotunities for bothuniversity and highschool students, thought internship and volunteer opprotunities.
Volunteers for Outdoor Colorado: Maintains a great listing of both volunteer and internship opprotunites throughout Colorado.
The Corps Network: The Corps Network provides access to positions in the Service Corps and the Conservation Corps.
Environmental Careers Organization: ECO Associates work on hydroelectric projects, collect soil samples from the ocean's floor, design interactive maps of range lands, research environmental law issues, conduct field research in the California desert, give 'interpretive' tours at national parks, and work on environmental marketing campaigns. ECO Associates make a difference.
- Studentjobs.gov: Studentjobs.gov provides information on thousands of Federal Government job opportunities. There is no charge for using Studentjobs.gov and users are not required to pre-register to look for a job.