Graduate Programs in Environmental Studies
Additional Program Links
- Canadian Graduate Environmental Studies Programs
- UNIVERSITY OF ARIZONA,Tucson- Program areas include: Contaminant Hydrology: Contaminant Remediation: Ecosystem Restoration: Environmental Chemistry: Environmental Microbiology: Remote Sensing: Soil-Water-Atmosphere Relations: Soil and Water Quality: Soil Biology and Biochemistry: Soil Fertility and Plant Nutrition: Soil Morphology, Genesis, Classification and Survey: Vadose Zone Hydrology: Waste Disposal and Management:
- UNIVERSITY OF NORTHERN ARIZONA,Flagstaff-The M.S. in environmental sciences and policy is offered to provide advanced education for scientists and managers in the interdisciplinary environmental sciences. This program is designed to help you understand the complex interactions between the natural world and human society. Through this program, you learn to think across traditional disciplinary boundaries and to become skilled in integrating interdisciplinary science and policy issues.
- BOSTON UNIVERSITY- Center for Energy and Environmental Studies
- UNIVERSITY OF CINCINNATI -The Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering offers the degrees of Master of Science and Doctor of Philosophy in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science and Civil Engineering. The environmental engineering and science programs offer specializations in air pollution control/air quality, water quality processes, hazardous waste engineering and management, environmental hydrology and environmental engineering management. The environmental engineering graduate program is accredited at the advanced level by ABET.
- Drawing on the superb educational and research facilities of Columbia University, the M.A. Program in Climate and Society combines elements of established programs in earth sciences, earth engineering, international relations, political science, sociology, and economics with unique classes in interdisciplinary applications specially designed for the program’s students.
- UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO, Boulder- The Environmental Studies graduate program is an interdisciplinary program with specializations (secondary cores) primarily in biogeoscience, energy, policy, or water resources. Other programs of study can be designed based on available courses and faculty support and expertise. M.S. and Ph.D.
- COLORADO STATE UNIVERSITY -A political science M.A. and Ph.D. program that concentrates on the study of environmental politics and policy.
- DARTMOUTH COLLEGE,Hanover, N.H.- Dartmouth initiated an interdisciplinary graduate environmental science program called the Earth, Ecosystem and Ecological Sciences Program (EEES). In this program, the Ph.D. degree is offered through either the Department of Biological Sciences or the Department of Earth Sciences. However, the EEES program allows students a number of multidisciplinary experiences within the environmental sciences. EEES fellows take a number of courses in their home department as well as interdisciplinary EEES courses offered through collaborations among faculty in Ecological Sciences, Earth Sciences and the Environmental Sciences Program. The program also offers seminars by distinguished visiting lecturers, an annual research retreat and multidisciplinary research opportunities.
- FLORDIA INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY, Miami- Brief Description of the Program:The purpose of the Master of Science in Environmental Studies is to train students for work in the areas of environmental policy, natural resource science and management, and sustainable development, with particular focus on the South Florida region, the Caribbean Basin, and Latin America. An emphasis of the program is the cultural and political milieu in which environmental issues of the region are embedded. The program is, thus, interdisciplinary in nature, and emphasizes both natural sciences and social sciences of the environment. Students will be encouraged to take advantage of University-wide resources, programs, and courses in environmental issues, such as those in Public Administration, International Relations, Biology, Chemistry, Geology, Political Science, Economics, and Sociology/Anthropology.
- HUXLEY COLLEGE of Environment Graduate Programs-Huxley College is one of six colleges on the WWU campus, located between Seattle and Vancouver, B.C., overlooking Bellingham Bay and the San Juan Islands to the west and the North Cascades to the east. There are three Master's degrees offered by Huxley College (M.S. in environmental science, M.S. in geography and M.Ed. in Natural Science/Science Education) and a number of cooperative program options described on the following pages. Normally, a student chooses one of these options and, with the help of a faculty adviser, an individual Plan of Study is designed building on Huxley College courses and, when appropriate, courses from other departments. Both M.S. programs require a thesis; the M.Ed. has thesis, field project and non-thesis options.
- UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETS, Boston- The M.S. program offers concentrations in applied marine ecology, aquatic chemistry, aquatic toxicology, environmental microbiology, environmental policy and law, and physical oceanography. Students in the master's program may choose either a thesis or a non-thesis option. The Environmental Sciences program features four PhD tracks
- MIT- Graduate Programs-Environmental- Biological Sciences (M.S., Ph.D.), Chemical Engineering (M.S., Ph.D.) Civil Engineering (M.S., Ph.D.), Engineering Physics (Ph.D.), Environmental Engineering (M.S.), Environmental Engineering Science (M.S.), Environmental Policy (M.S.), Forest Molecular Genetics and Biotechnology (Ph.D.), Forestry (M.S.), Forest Science (Ph.D.), Master of Engineering (M.Eng.), Mathematical Sciences (M.S., Ph.D.), Mechanical Engineering (M.S.), Mechanical Engineering-Engineering Mechanics (Ph.D.), Mineral Economics (M.S.), PhD in Engineering-Computational Science and Engineering (Ph.D.), Ph.D. in Engineering-Environmental Engineering (Ph.D.), Rhetoric and Technical Communication (M.S., Ph.D.)
- UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS,SAN ANTONIO- Programs offered: 1) Water Resources, 2) Environmental Management, 3) Ecology and Environmental Conservation, 4) Environmental Quality and Protection, and 5) Environmental Spatial Analysis.
- UNIVERSITY OF NORTHERN TEXAS, TOULOUSE SCHOOL OF GRADUATE STUDIES -The Department of Biological Sciences offers both the M.S. and the Ph.D. in biological sciences, biochemistry, environmental sciences, and molecular biology. Students have the opportunity to complete thesis or dissertation research with a focus in a variety of areas, including animal physiology, aquatic entomology, aquatic toxicology, cell and molecular biology, genetics, limnology, microbiology, neurobiology, parasitology, plant ecology, plant science, and terrestrial and aquatic ecology. A cooperative arrangement with the Federation of North Texas Area Universities permits studies leading to the Ph.D. in molecular biology.
- YORK UNIVERSITY,Ontario, Canada- Master's and Ph.D. in Environmental Studies