Gunnison Valley Farm-to-Table Conference
Monday, April 8
- 7:00pm Film "Ingredients", Local Popcorn, and Discussion
Tuesday, April 9
- 8:00 Welcome Jay Helman, WSCU President
- 8:15 Keynote by Dr. Dawn Thilmany, CSU, Agriculture & Resource Economist. "What Motivates Consumers and Buyers? Positioning Local Food Systems to Meet Expectations"
- 9:15 Coffee break
- 9:30 Food Network panel
- 10:45 Coffee break
- 11:00 Keynote Presentation by Danica Lee, Department of Environmental Health, City of Denver "Keeping the Stable off the Table: Regulation of Local Food Issues in the Denver Area"
- 12:00 Lunch
- 2:00 Growers Panel
- 3:15 Coffee break
- 3:30 Industry panel
University Center Ballroom
- 5:00 Round table discussion and wine tasting: Next Steps for Local Food Systems in the Gunnison Valley
- 7:00 Dinner at University Center Local and organic food made by Justin Lee (Sous Chef at The Brick Cellar) and ENVS students
- 8:00 Dessert and Evening Keynote by Chef Elise Wiggins, Panzano restaurant in Denver. "The Macro Effect of Micro Cooking: How Every Little Thing Counts in a Huge Way in the World of Cooking"--this presentation will feature an edible ending!