Preparing for your Residency
What you need to do before you apply for your Residency/Licensure Year?
- Complete all the coursework within your academic major with a C- or better with an overall GPA of 2.75 or above
- Complete EDUC 000 Education Gateway Course with a satisfactory grade
- Compete EDUC 340 Brain-based Learning Motivation and Achievement
- Pass the Praxis I/CPPST in reading, writing, and math
- Fingerprints. Submit a completed fingerprint card or provide documentation verifying that fingerprints are on file with the CDE and have completed the FBI clearance
Applying for your Residency
Your advisor needs to review and sign the following application items. Return the hard copy application and all attachments to Barbara Woerner by February 10, 2014. No staples please!
- Application Coversheet
Attachment Size application_cover_Residency.doc 71 KB
- Professional Resume
- Teaching Philosophy
- Unofficial Transcripts or Degree Works worksheet
- You must also pass a Praxis II or PLACE exam for your content area. Send test scores to Western (code 4946) by May 16, 2014.
Click here to submit a digital version Residency application in Tk20.
More about the PLACE and Praxis II tests
The Colorado Department of Education only accepts content knowledge tests administered by PLACE or Praxis II. PLACE was designed and developed for Colorado, whereas Praxis II is a nationwide test.
Please check that the test for which you are registering is approved by the State of Colorado and accepted for the endorsement that you are seeking.