In an age when time to market and customer relationships rule, marketing can only succeed if everyone in the organization participates.
Western combines the expertise of its Marketing faculty with its Art, Communication and Computer Science faculty to equip our students to respond to real-time customer needs. Our approach prepares Western students to be true utility players in any marketing environment.
What Will You Learn? What Skills Will You Acquire?
Marketing is both a philosophy and a toolkit. Western Marketing students are well versed in strategy, planning and execution. Our Marketing courses focus on teaching the fundamental importance of customer relationships and their links to company profits and long-term success. In today’s environment, employers value workers who can understand the big picture and drive results. Western Marketing students can:
- Assess the competitive environment with an eye toward change and constant improvement.
- Analyze the firm’s current standing in the marketplace and prioritize resources to maximize marketing impact.
- Plan a unified brand image and a unique customer experience.
Beyond the Classroom
Our small classes and faculty with real-world marketing experience work with the local business community on comprehensive marketing plans, social media and market research projects. These applied projects give Western students experience that goes well beyond the theoretical, while building their communication, project-management and problem-solving skills.
Recent Marketing majors have interned at:
- Cambridge Financial Partners
- Crested Butte Film Festival
- Telluride Tourism Association
- Two Plank Productions
- Colorado Freeskier
- Pueblo Chamber of Commerce