Summer 2013 Class Schedule
Successful Registration for Continuing Students
- Registration for currently enrolled students will begin at 8:00 a.m., Monday, March 4, 2013. For summer registration only, you will not be required to meet with your advisor to obtain an ARC (Advising Registration Code). There are no registration appointment times for summer registration. Registration will be on a first come, first enrolled basis.
Successful Registration for New Students
- Registration for new and readmitted students begins at 8:00 a.m., Monday, March 4, 2013.
- Go to the Academic Resource Center (ARC) page for further information on advising and registration for new students.
- Eligibility for Athletics, Financial Aid and Veterans Benefits is 12 credits in a 16 week term.
- During a 10-week summer session, six credits is considered full time. A student may enroll in 12 credits without specific approval. No more than nine credits may be taken in a 5-week part-of-term. Students with a grade point average of 3.000 or better may petition to take 13 to 15 credits. The petition must be signed by the student's academic advisor and the chair of the student's major department. If the student's cumulative grade point average is below 3.000, the petition also requires the approval of the vice president for academic affairs. The completed petition must be submitted to the Office of the Registrar. No student may take more than 15 credits in the summer session.
- Student doing an independent or directed study or an internship must complete a variable credit form and return it to the Office of the Registrar prior to the start of the course work.
The petition for in-state tuition classification and accompanying documentation must be submitted to the Admissions Office no later than the first day of class for that term in order to be considered an in-state student for that term. For Summer 2013 the deadline to petition is May 13,2013.
Attendance on the First Day of Classes
Summer Graduation Information
Students who plan to complete all degree requirements by the end of the term must have filed an Intent to Graduate form with the Office of the Registrar by the end of their Junior year. If this has not been completed, students should meet with their advisors immediately to initiate the process.
Students MUST complete an Application for Graduation by May 17, 2013. Submit completed applications to Office of the Registrar, 300 Taylor Hall.
As Western holds commencement in Spring only, students who wish to participate must plan accordingly. Contact Ginny Hayes with further graduation questions.
|Desired Change||Deadlines||Within Deadlines||After Deadlines|
May term - May 14
10 week – May 29
1st 5 week- May 29
2nd 5 week- July 10
Weekend classes must be added no later than the close of business day prior to the class date.
|Online instructor permission required only if class is closed or requires special permission. Should be done online – WOL.||Instructor permission required through drop deadline. Should be done online via WOL. After drop deadline also requires Department Chair approval. Must be done in the Office of the Registrar.|
May term - May 14
10 week – June 22
1st 5 week- June 6
2nd 5 week- July 11
Weekend classes must be dropped by contacting the Office of the Registrar at 943-7003, by the close of business day prior to the start of class.
No permission required. Refund will be given if applicable.
Should be done online – WOL, except weekend classes which must be done through the Office of the Registrar.
(see Withdraw from a Course)
|Withdraw From a Course||
May term - May 23
10 week - July 17
1st 5 week - June 24
2nd 5 week- July 29
Weekend classes are ineligible for withdrawal.
|Advisor and instructor signatures required on a withdraw slip. Will appear on record as a “W”. No Refund. Withdraw slip must be turned in to the Office of the Registrar.||Not permitted.|
|Total Withdrawal From the College||Handled in the Students Affairs Office, Taylor Hall|
|Credit/No Credit Option (Audit)||Same as add deadline||Must be done in the Office of the Registrar, Taylor Hall||Not Permitted|
Classes begin for 3-week May term classes - May 13
Classes end for 3-week May classes - May 31
Classes begin for 1st 5- and 10-week classes - June 3
Memorial Day - No classes - May 27
End of 1st 5-week classes - July 5
Second 5-week classes begin - July 8
Independence Day - No classes - July 4
End of 2nd 5-week and 10-week classes - Aug 9
End of summer session - August 9