Panel 2: Food Security
Saturday, September 21, 10:00-11:30 AM. University Center Ballroom
While Headwaters towns like Gunnison have a 61 day growing season, many organizations and landowners have re-imagined the possibility of global food security in Headwaters communities. This panel will discuss the challenges and opportunities of food security in the region and beyond, from the multi-generation practices of an acequia farmer, to the bio-sequestration vision of a plains farmer, to the ecological resilience of Gunnison farmers and food educators.
- Wayne White, Owner, Creekridge Farms; author Biosequestration and Ecological Diversity
- Joe Gallegos, Acequia Farmer and Costilla County Commissioner
- Beth Coop, Gunnison Farmer's Market
- Brian Goldstein and Dakota Becker, Co-Founders and Producers, Headwaters Farm
- Moderated by Dr. Matthew Aronson, Western Sociology faculty