Panel 1: Energy Security
Saturday, September 21, 8:00-9:45 AM. University Center Ballroom Breakfast and Registration begin at 7:30 AM
This panel will discuss the solutions to and challenges of the social, economic, and environmental insecurities that emerge in a non-renewable energy economy in the Headwaters. Panelists will offer a range of perspectives, from Native American energy production, to environmental justice resistance to national-level nuclear waste, to energy conservation through green building, to solar and renewable energy possibilities.
- Bruce Valdez, Executive Director of Southern Ute Growth Fund; VP Red Willow Production Company
- Emily Niehaus, Executive Director of Community Rebuilds
- Andrea Guajardo, Executive Director of Conejos County Clean Water
- Alexis Halbert, Solar Energy International and Colorado Renewable Energy Society
- Moderated by George Sibley, Western Emeritus Faculty, author, and Headwaters co-founder