Western offers current teachers the opportunity to add an endorsement to their license and pursue their Master's degree, if they choose. Candidates will work with a mentor teacher 8 hours per semester and will be required to spend 135 hours per semester with students in their desired endorsement area.
Added Endorsement Options:
- *New Offering! Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Education
- K-12 Endorsements: Art, Foreign Languages, Music, Physical Education
- Secondary Endorsements (Grades 7-12): English, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, Business
- Elementary Education
- Special Education Generalist (Ages 5-21)
- Reading Teacher (in conjunction with the Master's degree with a Reading Leader emphasis)
- Reading Specialist (in conjunction with the Master's degree with a Reading Leader emphases)
Teacher licensure requirements vary from state-to-state. This program is approved based on the State of Colorado standards. Students are solely responsible for checking what the specific requirements are from their state’s Department of Education.