Information for Newly Admitted Students
(1) Return Your Program Deposit
To confirm your place in our program, please mail in a deposit of $250 to the Office of Extended Studies. Make your check out to Western State Colorado University with “MA Ed deposit” in the memo line. Your deposit will be used to cover the cost of your online portfolio account in TK20 ($115). The remainder will be applied towards your tuition ($135).Office of Extended University StudiesWestern State Colorado University600 N. Adams StreetGunnison, CO 81231970-943-2885
(2) Finalize Your Mentor Agreement
Newly-admitted students should submit the following residency placement paperwork to Barbara Woerner.
Paperwork for teacher candidates:
Residency: Teacher Residency Mentor Paperwork.docx
Alternative Licensure: Alternative Route mentor paperwork.docx
Paperwork for principal candidates:
Residency: Principal Mentor Paperwork.pdf
Alternative Licensure: Alt Principal Mentor Paperwork.docx
(3) About Your Tk20 Account
Part of your admissions deposit covers the cost of a Tk20 student account, which will be created dot you automatically using your Western ID. Your Tk20 account will be ready for you to access in time for Summer Session. Tk20 will allow you to:
- Build your course and licensure-related evidence online. These artifacts will stay with you indefinitely – even after graduation.
- Create electronic portfolios to document and present your work to faculty and prospective employers.
- Create a fully documented record of your field experiences, practica, student teaching, and internships, for use when pursuing professional certification/licensure.
- Tk20 will also help us to ensure continuous quality of programs and increase the value of the degrees and certifications you complete here.