Graduate Programs at Western
These growing Master’s programs serve our region, our nation and the world by educating advanced students to make substantial contributions to their professions.
Western's graduate programs make our campus a dynamic learning and research environment for all students. Residential, low-residency, and online programs bring together preeminent professors and practitioners in an academic environment dedicated to excellence.
Western offers the following master's degree programs:
- MEM in one of two tracks: Integrative Land Management or Sustainable Resilient Communities
- Residential and distance options available
- Center for Environmental Studies webpage
- Master of Arts in Education
- Initial teacher/principal licensure
- MFA in one of three tracks: Popular Genre Fiction/Nonfiction, Poetry with a Focus on Versecraft or Screenwriting for Feature Film and Television.
Writing the Rockies, July 24-27, 2014
Writing workshops for fiction, nonfiction, and screenwriting
Summer Screenwriting Boot Camp
(Boot Camp open to anyone; MFA admission not required)
Summer Poetry Intensive
(Intensive open to anyone; MFA admission not required)
- 18-credit course of studies
- Online program
- Includes two-week, on-campus seminars during two consecutive summer
- Participation on an editorial board that prepares a book for publication with Western's press