Assessment Committee Notes - May 12, 2008
Assessment Committee Meeting
May 12, 2008, 3 p.m.
Hurst Hall 120
Present: Nancy Gauss, Kathleen Kinkema, Caroline Mitchell, Anne Ryter, Lynn Sikkink, Karin Waidley, and Jessica Young (Kim Brown, recorder)
Absent: Suzanne Larsh
Crafting responses to the completed spring 2008 GE faculty goals assessment forms was the main item of business for this meeting. Discussion included:
- Standardizing paragraphs for various feedback memos
- The importance of making changes to update the current GE assessment forms
- Holding future training workshops
- Sending previews (especially to dept. chairs and new faculty) of upcoming assessment deadlines
- Reminding faculty to obtain waivers for, and to remove names from, student work samples
The committee will meet again on Monday, May 19, at 1:30 in room 101 of Savage Library to finalize feedback memos for GE goals assessment plans and to draft responses to discipline assessment plans.
The meeting adjourned at approximately 4:40 p.m.