Welcome to the Youth International program.
Youth International and Western State Colorado University have developed a partnership to provide college credit for Youth International semester programs that take place in Asia and South America.
Once a student enrolls in a Youth International course, credit registration is available through Western Extended Studies from several of Western's academic departments. Depending on the program and upon successful completion of the course(s) and assignment(s) due, credit may be awarded from Western's Anthropology (ANTH), History (HIST), Philosophy (PHIL) and Recreation and Outdoor Education (OUTD) Departments.
Click HERE to download credit registration packet for academic year 2017-2018.
- Download, carefully read, and complete the Youth International Course Credit Registration Packet.
- Complete, sign and initial all designated areas in Sections B and C (required).
- Complete and sign Section D (optional).
- Carefully review Payment Instructions (Cash, AmeriCorps, or 529 plan). Make sure this section is complete.
- Return Sections B, C, and D to the Extended Studies Office by email, fax, or mail.
- Keep all other information with you in an accessible place for reference.
IMPORTANT: Registration and full payment for credit should be received by our office no later than two weeks before the first day of a course. Incomplete registration forms will not be processed. Registrations are processed in the order they are received. If received less than two weeks before the course start date, processing is not guaranteed. Registration requests to process AmeriCorps or 529 plan funding for Youth International tuition and fees must be submitted no later than 30 days before the Youth International payment deadline for course fees.
Assignment for OUTD 189. The assignment for this course ONLY is due to Extended Studies at the end of your course). Please refer to your packet instructions and Registration Confirmation email for submission details.
Registration forms and check payments may be mailed to:
600 N. Adams, Taylor Hall 303
Gunnison, CO 81231
Make checks out to: Western State Colorado University
Registration forms, assignments and questions may be sent by email or fax: