High Mountain Institute
Welcome to the High Mountain Institute program.
High Mountain Institute and Western State Colorado University have developed a partnership to provide college credit for High Mountain Institute courses.
Once a student enrolls in a High Mountain Institute course, graduate and undergraduate credit registration is available through Western Extended Studies. upon successful completion of the course and assignments due, college credit is awarded. The amount of credit earned is based upon the type and length of the course.
Click HERE to download the graduate credit registration packet.
Click HERE to download the undergraduate credit registration packet.
1. Download, carefully read, and complete the High Mountain Institute Course Credit Registration Packet.
2. Complete, sign and initial all designated areas in Sections B and C (required).
3. Complete and sign Section D (optional).
4. Carefully review Payment Instructions (Cash, AmeriCorps, or 529 plan). Make sure this section is complete.
5. Return Sections B, C, and D to the Extended Studies Office by email, fax, or mail.
6. If you are registering for graduate credit, send a copy of your transcript that includes your conferred degree along with the items in #5.
7. Keep all other information with you in an accessible place for reference.
IMPORTANT: Registration and full payment for credit should be received by our office no later than two weeks before the first day of a course. Incomplete registration forms will not be processed. Registrations are processed in the order they are received. If received less than two weeks before the course start date, processing is not guaranteed. Registration requests to process AmeriCorps or 529 plan funding for High Mountain Institute tuition and fees must be submitted no later than 30 days before the High Mountain Institute payment deadline for course fees.
Registration forms and check payments may be mailed to:
600 N Adams St, Taylor Hall 303
Gunnison, CO 81231
Make checks out to: Western State Colorado University
Registration forms, assignments and questions may be sent by email or fax to: