Alderleaf Wilderness College
Welcome to the Alderleaf Wilderness College program.
Alderleaf Wilderness College and Western State Colorado University have developed a partnership to provide college credit for the Alderleaf Wilderness Certification Program and The Advanced Wilderness Skills Program. The programs are comprehensive, nine-month nature and outdoor survival courses that cover subjects such as wilderness survival, wild edible and medicinal plants, wildlife tracking, outdoor leadership, and sustainable living skills. Students have the opportunity to earn 18 college credits for each of these programs.
Once a student enrolls in an Alderleaf Wilderness College program, credit registration is available through Western Extended Studies. Upon successful completion of the program and course assignments due, college credit is awarded.
STEP 1: Choose your program.
STEP 2: Register for your program at ALDERLEAF WILDERNESS COLLEGE.
STEP 3: Click HERE to download credit registration packet for Alderleaf Wilderness College.
1. Download, carefully read, and complete the Alderleaf Wilderness College Course Credit Registration Packet.
2. Select your program in the Program of Study chart in Section A.
3. Sign and initial all areas in Sections B and C (required).
4. Complete and sign Section D (optional).
5. Carefully review Payment Instructions (Cash, AmeriCorps, or 529 Plan). Make sure the appropriate section is complete. Please note: Financial Aid through Western State Colorado University is not available for Alderleaf programs.
6. Return Sections B, C, and D to the Extended Studies Office by email, fax, or mail.
7. Keep all other information with you in an accessible place for reference.
IMPORTANT: Registration and full payment for credit should be received by our office no later than two weeks before the first day of a course. Incomplete registration forms will not be processed. Registrations are processed in the order they are received. If received less than two weeks before the course start date, processing is not guaranteed. Registration requests to process AmeriCorps or 529 plan funding for Alderleaf Wilderness College tuition and fees must be submitted no later than 30 days before the Alderleaf Wilderness College payment deadline for course fees.
Registration forms and check payments may be mailed to:
600 N Adams, Taylor 303
Gunnison, CO 81231
Make checks out to: Western State Colorado University