National Outdoor Leadership School (NOLS)
Welcome to the NOLS program. (For NOLS Wilderness Medicine Institute, click here.)
NOLS and Western State Colorado University have developed a partnership to provide college credit for NOLS courses.
Once a student enrolls in a NOLS course, credit registration is available through Western Extended Studies. Upon successful completion of the course and assignments due, Recreation and Outdoor Education (ROE) 397 credit is awarded. The amount of credit earned is based upon the length of the course.
Download Registration Packet in Word Fillable .docx NEW NOLS Credit Registration Packet 2015.docx
Download Registration Packet in Adobe .pdf NEW PACKET - NOLS 2015.pdf
- Download, carefully read, and complete the NOLS Course Credit Registration Packet (Word fillable or .pdf version above)
- Sign and initial all areas in Sections B and C (required).
- Complete and sign Section D (optional).
- Carefully review Payment Instructions (Cash, AmeriCorps, or 529 Plan). Make sure this section is complete.
- Return Sections B, C, and D to the Extended Studies Office by email, fax, or mail.
- Keep all other information with you in an accessible place for reference.
IMPORTANT: Registration and payment for credit should be received by our office no later than two weeks before the first day of a course. Incomplete registrations will not be processed. Registrations received less than five business days before the first day of a course are not guaranteed to be processed.
Registration forms and payment may be sent to:
600 N. Adams, Taylor Hall 303
Gunnison, CO 81231
Make checks out to: Western State Colorado University
Western Extended Studies credit cost and fees are subject to change.
AmeriCorps Educational Awards (coming soon)
529 Plans (coming soon)