Download the Access Program information in printer-friendly format here.
Western's Access Program enables non-degree students to enroll in Western's courses (on a space available basis) without having to go through the formal application and admission process.
Tuition rate is $80 per credit hour for non-credit, $125 per credit for credit class. No additional fees will be assessed.
- Access is not available if you are enrolled as a degree-seeking student or have applied or been admitted to Western.
- You must have completed the prerequisites for classes as noted in the catalog.
- Students with outstanding financial obligations to the college, students denied admission to Western and students dismissed/suspended for academic reasons are not eligible.
- Students must maintain a GPA of 2.0 or above to remain eligible for credit classes through ACCESS.
- Limited to registration in 6 credit hours per academic semester.
- ACCESS students are ineligible for financial aid and campus housing.
- Classes taken through ACCESS registration establish a Western State Colorado University record and appear on a Western transcript either as a CEU or credit. Up to 12 college credits earned may apply towards a degree at Western State.
Registering for Access:
- Select your classes from the current Open Class Schedule available on the Web at https://www.western.edu/catalogs. Descriptions of courses can be found in the course catalog.
- Registration for ACCESS is handled by Extended Studies and occurs just prior to the beginning of classes.
- Registration may be done via the telephone (970.943.2885) or in person (Taylor Hall, Room 303) beginning one week prior to the beginning of the semester.
CALL TO ENROLL!
Call us at (970) 943-2885 to enroll through ACCESS!