2017 Summer Teacher Institute
Western State Colorado University is pleased to host the Summer Teacher Institute, June 12-22, 2017.
The 2017 Summer Teacher Institute begins on Monday, June 12, 2017.
See the links below for more information regarding the Summer Teachers Institute.
- 2017 Summer Institute Flyer - click here
- 2017 Summer Teacher Catalog- is available online. Contact Extended Studies for a print catalog.
- 2017-Housing Reservation Form- is available online
- 2017 Textbook and Materials Information and Field Trip List-is available online
- 2017 Registration Form and Waiver for The World is a Classroom (Travel to Guatemala)- is available online
- 2017 Registration Form and Waiver for Outward Bound CO Rockies Alpine for Educators- is available online
- CLD Teaching Strategies: The C.O.L.A Approach to Assessment and Instruction for Language Learners . Register here.
STI REGISTRATION - please click here for the catalog and online registration form.
Housing check-in will take place at the Pinnacles (changed from Chipeta Hall) on Sunday, June 11th and Sunday, June 19th from 4 pm-6 pm. If you miss the assigned check-in time, please call Conference Services at 970.901.0795 (note new number).
Checking – In and Free Gift
We still have some on-campus housing available. I have attached a housing form for completion. Deadline for housing reservations in Friday, June 2nd at noon. If you have already made your housing reservation, Conference Services will be available at the Pinnacles Front Desk from 5:00pm-7:00pm on Sunday, June 11 and Sunday, June 19 to check you into your room. If you arrive outside of that time, please call Conference Services to get checked in: 970.901.075 - please note new number!
Field House and Pool
The Field House and Pool will be available for you to use during your time at the Summer Teacher Institute. Hours are below and are attached on flyer. You will need to sign a waiver on their first time in and simply check in with our front desk staff each time you workout. Listed below are all of the MFH amenities:
Recreational Hikes and CPR.
Classroom Material/Field Trips
Please review the Textbook/Material/Field Trip list of your class for any materials you may need to bring.
Free Lunch – Monday's June 12th & 19th from noon to 1pm
Have lunch with us on these days from noon to 1pm in the University Center South Ballroom hosting by Western’s Advancement team.
Payment for classes, materials, and housing need to be made in advance. Payment by credit card can be phoned into the Cashier’s office at 970.943.3003. They are available Monday through Friday from 9am to 4pm. If you need your balance, feel free to call me.
For questions regarding the 2017 Summer Teacher Institute, please contact Extended Studies at 970.943.2885. Registration and housing reservations form may be faxed to 970.943.7068, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mailed to
Western State Colorado University
Taylor Hall 303, 600 N. Adams Street
Gunnison, CO 81231