The Extended Studies programs offer life-long learning opportunities through credit and non-credit courses. Several opportunities for enrichment and education are available for your convenience.
- Want to register for a Spring course? Click here.
- The last event in the Winter Speaker Series is March 24th.
- The Summer Teacher Institute Catalog is online so check it out.
- We are accepting proposals for Wednesdays at Western events. Do you have an idea? If so, click here for more info.
- One-Day Grant Writing Workshop with Maryo Ewell is on April 1st. Space is limited to 12 people so register early.
The Extended Studies Department is pleased to announce a partnership with the Crested Butte Heritage Museum for a Winter Speaker Series.
Please join us on March 24th for our last speaker for the 2017 Winter Speaker Series. Doors open at 6pm and Dr. Bruce Bartleson will begin his presentation at 6:30pm.
Dr. Bruce Bartleson will discuss the “real” history of the Gunnison Country starting over one billion years ago. Bruce spent the majority of his career from 1965 to 1998 as a Professor of geology at Western State Colorado University, although doing considerable summer consulting for various entities. While at Western he was named Outstanding Professor of the year, was graduation speaker selected by the students, and was honored as Outstanding Emeritus Professor of the year in 1998. Since retirement, Bruce has kept very busy as the President of the Gunnison County Library Board, Vice President of the Western State Alumni Board and researching and writing about local weather history as well as keeping in touch with his former students and writing a Newsletter for the Western State Geology Department. He has continued to be an educator by giving numerous geological tours and talks and was recently named as “Outstanding Educator of the Year” by the Gunnison Chamber of Commerce in 2012. In his spare time he still enjoys hiking in the local mountains, fly fishing, mountain biking, skiing, and traveling. Click here to RSVP.
Grant Writing One-Day Workshop with Maryo Ewell
April 1, 2017 8:30am - 4:30pm
In this introductory overview of grant writing, students are given what they need to prepare an effective project grant proposal for a nonprofit organization. Participants are introduced to some good funding portals, taught how to write persuasive narratives and create a viable budget. Bring a bag lunch. To register click here.
NON CREDIT, $50
Time: 8:30am - 4:30PM
Location: Meeting Room at the Three Seasons Condominiums, 701 Gothic Road, Mt Crested Butte, CO 81225
- Master of Arts in Education
- Master in Environmental Management
- Graduate Program in Creative Writing
- High Altitude Exercise Physiology Graduate ProgramMaster in Gallery Management and Exhibits Specialization
If you're interested in Western's Extended Studies Program, we invite you to take the next steps towards becoming a part of the Mountaineer family.
Share your interest with friends and family:
- Get more information about the program.
- Schedule a campus visit so you can meet professors, see the beautiful Gunnison Valley, and find out if Western is the perfect school for you.
- Start the online application process -apply online now.
- Find scholarships, grants, or financial aid that match your interests and situation.