Dr. Scott Drum is the High Altitude Performance Lab (HAPLab) Director at Western and an Associate Professor of Exercise & Sport Science at Western State College of Colorado. Scott moved to Coloardo over 11-years ago as a native of Wisconsin. He's lived and run in the Gunnison-Crested Butte area since 2004 and is excited to help bring you a unique, high altitude ultra running camp geared to underscore proper training, recovery techniques, nutrition, and other expert tips.
Education: University of Wisconsin – LaCrosse in LaCrosse, WI (B.S., 1993); Wake Forest University in Winston-Salem, NC (M.S., 1995); University of Northern Colorado, Greeley, CO (Ph.D., 2008)
Professional Background: sport & clinical exercise physiology testing, endurance and strength training plan development, cardiac and cancer exercise rehabilitation programming, and yearly involvement with the American College of Sports Medicine both regionally and nationally as a presenter and current President Elect of Rocky Mountain ACSM.
- Residence: Gunnison, CO
- Date of Birth: August 24, 1970
- Married to Liz Drum, Law Enforcement Park Ranger
- Running specialty: Short trail and ultra running, & adventure runs
- 3 x Wisconsin State High School champion in cross country and track (1987-1989)
- Collegiate running career: University of Kentucky (1989-1991) and University of Wisconsin-LaCrosse (1991-1993) in cross country and track
- Immediate training goals: stay fit, be well balanced related to muscular strength and endurance, and train consistently.
- Unofficial record holder with twin brother, Greg, related to running the 40-mile length of Isle Royale National Park, MI (in Lake Superior) on the Greenstone Ridge Trail in 7:07:00 (summer 2007)
- Routinely write for Trail Runner Magazine, Rocky Mountain Sports Magazine, and research journals