Sigma Tau Delta
Sigma Tau Delta, The International English Honor Society
Alpha Xi Pi Chapter, Western State College of Colorado
- Congratulations to our 2013-2014 officers: Kevin Noreen, Melanie Becic, Amanda Kate Sanchez, and Samantha Hirt!
- Good luck with finals!
President: Kevin Noreen
Vice President: Melanie Becic
Treasurer: Samantha Hirt
Secretary: Amanda Kate Sanchez
Sigma Tau Delta's central purpose is to confer distinction upon students of the English language and literature in undergraduate, graduate, and professional studies. Sigma Tau Delta also recognizes the accomplishments of professional writers who have contributed to the fields of language and literature.
One of the largest members of the Association of College Honor Societies, Sigma Tau Delta has over 600 active chapters, more than 900 faculty sponsors, and inducts approximately 7,000 members annually. Our members have the opportunity to be recognized for their outstanding achievements, enrich their education, help them make career choices, and advance their careers
The Alpha Xi Pi (ΑΞΠ) chapter of Sigma Tau Delta was established at Western State College on November 22, 2006.
Candidates for undergraduate membership must
- declare an English major or minor
- have completed at least three semesters or five quarters of college work and a minimum of two college courses in English language or literature beyond the usual requirements in freshman English
- have a minimum of a “B” or equivalent grade point average in English
- rank at least in the highest 35 percent of their class in general scholarship
For more information, contact faculty sponsor Dr. Alina Luna