Peer Assessment Sheet
Date________________ Name of Assignment__________________
Peer Editor (you)_________________________
Ask these questions of each paragraph in the essay you are editing. If the answer is “no,” give the writer a suggestion for improvement on the essay page. If you are unsure of the answer, raise your hand and I will attend to the question with you. Use your paragraph development sheet to help you identify the criteria.
Give the students feedback per paragraph for each of the following criteria:
- Is the first sentence in each paragraph a topic sentence? Does it mention the frame (research), and case (topic) AND the purpose of the paragraph?
- Is there a frame (research), and is it introduced and explained?
- Is the case (topic) quoted, introduced and explained?
- Are the quotes connected back to the topic?
- Is the case developed BECAUSE there is a frame? Is there a connection?
- Is there an analysis statement?
- Is the MLA perfect in each paragraph?
- What are the spelling and grammar errors in each paragraph?