Webcams at Western
Perched atop Cupola Hill, this camera allows you to see the entire City of Gunnison and the Western campus. It also captures great view there are excellent views of the Palisades, Carbon Peak, and the San Juan Mountains including Uncompaghre Peak. This camera displays live-motion video with various presets for viewing. View Campus Webcam
Mounted on the northwest corner of the Leslie J. Savage Library, his camera displays live-motion video and is user-controllable. This camera rotates nearly 340°, and we've established some commonly visited presets to give you quick one-click access to good views of Crawford Hall and the south side of the University Center.
Taylor Hall Quad
This unit is mounted on the north side of Ute Hall and provides a fixed view across the Taylor Quad. You can see the historic Savage Library across the quad in the left center of the image. The sidewalk on the right leads to the west entrance to Taylor Hall.
View live-motion video (Java required)
Note: Your computer must have Java installed and activated to view and/or control any of our cameras that include the user-controllable feature.
Webcams around Gunnison
We have assembled a few links to other Gunnison-area webcams that will help you get a feel for the Valley.
- Crested Butte Mountain Resort Webcams - Base area, powder cams, road conditions; world class skiing just 35 minutes away!
- From the west, take US Highway 50 from Montrose over Cerro Summit and past Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park.
- The Donita's Cantina webcams show parts of downtown Crested Butte, a popular four-season recreation destination, is about 30 miles north of Gunnison.
- Monarch Pass (Rt. 50), which crosses the Continental Divide, and Monarch Mountain are about 45 miles east of Gunnison.
- Curecanti National Recreation Area lies just west of Gunnison and features Blue Mesa Reservoir, the largest body of water in Colorado.
- Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park is 45 minutes to the west of Gunnison is a spectacularly deep and narrow canyon, carved by the same Gunnison River that runs through town. The park, known by climbers as "The Black", is also a world class rock climbing area, featuring long and committing routes.
Note: Western does not own or control these off campus cameras and so can not guarantee their availability.