Webcams at Western
Perched atop Cupola Hill, this camera allows you to see the entire City of Gunnison and the Western campus. It also captures great views of the Palisades, Carbon Peak, and the San Juan Mountains including Uncompaghre Peak. Pan, Zoom and Tilt to your heart's delight as you look around the beautiful Gunnison Valley. This camera displays live-motion video with various presets for viewing. View Campus Webcam
What's up in the Taylor Quad? Check out this fixed webcam with live, streaming video and find out.
View Taylor Quad Webcam
A view of the University Center from the Leslie J. Savage Library, check out the hubub on our live, streaming webcam. See anyone you know? View University Center Webcam
Webcams around Gunnison
We have assembled a few links to other Gunnison-area webcams that will help you get a feel for the Valley.
- Crested Butte Mountain Resort Webcams - Base area, powder cams, road conditions; world class skiing just 35 minutes away!
- From the west, take US Highway 50 from Montrose over Cerro Summit and past Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park.
- The Donita's Cantina webcams show parts of downtown Crested Butte, a popular four-season recreation destination, is about 30 miles north of Gunnison.
- Monarch Pass (Rt. 50), which crosses the Continental Divide, and Monarch Mountain are about 45 miles east of Gunnison.
- Curecanti National Recreation Area lies just west of Gunnison and features Blue Mesa Reservoir, the largest body of water in Colorado.
- Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park is 45 minutes to the west of Gunnison is a spectacularly deep and narrow canyon, carved by the same Gunnison River that runs through town. The park, known by climbers as "The Black", is also a world class rock climbing area, featuring long and committing routes.
Note: Western does not own or control these off campus cameras and so can not guarantee their availability.