Manager Account Policy
The steps to request a manager's account are located on the Support Policy page under the Administrative Access section.
By using a Manager Account on my Western State Colorado University owned computer I agree to:
- Use the Run As function (description below) whenever possible.
- Not alter any other user accounts that may be on the computer or add new accounts.
- Only use the manager account when installing or uninstalling software.
- Use Redirected My Documents.
- Not install illegal or unlicensed software.
Special Support Policy
- The only support we provide to those electing to use a manager account is to restore the default WSC software packages. No local data will be restored and any software that may have been installed by the user is their responsibility to reinstall.
- Right-click on the executable or installer file (e.g. .exe,.msi) and select Run As from the context menu.
- Select ‘The following user:’ radio button and select the Manager account.
- Enter the password and select OK.
In Windows XP the screen will look like the image below:
In Windows 7 the screen will look like the image below: