Student Payroll

Student payroll at Western State Colorado University is managed through the University's Budget Office. The following is some information about working for the University as a student employee:

  • Looking for Work - The Student Payroll Office does not have job listings for jobs on campus. The LEAD Office in the University Center lists all jobs on line. Western Workstudy Job Listings

Student Employment (Workstudy) Contract - If you have federal or state financial aid workstudy you can print your contract from your MyWestern account under financial aid.  If you are simply looking for institutional employment, you can print a generic institutional employment contract from here to take to your supervisor.  Institutional Workstudy Contract

Note:  If you have not worked for the University before and completed the new employee forms, you must complete these forms before you can work on campus.  (This pdf file is intended to be printed double sided.)  New Student Employment Packet

  • General Safety Guidelines - Beginning with the fall term 2011 all new student employees will need to read and then sign that they have read and been given a copy of the University’s general safety guidelines.  General Safety Guidelines
  • Being Hired - When a supervisor decides to hire you as a student employee, he or she will complete the contract and help you with any additional forms you may have to complete.
  • Student Employment Change in Status Form - To change a student's pay rate or to terminate a student contract, a change in status form must be completed by the student's supervisor. Student Employment Change in Status Form
  • Timecards - Once the completed contract is returned to the Student Payroll Office, a timecard will be sent out to your supervisor for you to use to record your time. This is a very important document. You should not begin working until you have a timecard with a preprinted label issued by the Student Payroll Office. Only hours recorded on an official University timecard will be paid. Students should always use the time clocks provided by the College to record their time to the nearest hundredth of an hour. For departments that do not have access to a time clock, students may write in their hours on their timecards. Minutes to Hundredth of an Hour Table (Adobe PDF)
  • Student Payroll Period - Student employees are paid monthly. The student payroll period runs from the 16th of the month through the 15th of the following month.
  • Student Pay Day - Students are paid on the last working day of the month. Student Payroll for June will occur the first working day of July. 
  • Student Payroll Checks - All students must pick up their student payroll check from the Cashier's Office in 314 Taylor Hall. A pictured ID is required to pick up your payroll check.