Add an Event to the University Calendar
Authenticated users (Faculty, Staff and Students) at Western can now log in to create and edit events for the calendar. Follow the simple steps below, and should you have any questions, email our Web Manager.
ADDING EVENTS (AUTHENTICATED USER) IN DRUPAL:
- Log in to the website at www.western.edu/user
(note, Admin Login link is also in the footer on the bottom right)
- The black “admin bar” should appear across the top of your browser window.
- Click on “Add Content” in the black admin bar
- Click on Event
- Give your event a Title (this will show up on the calendar, so something short and descriptive is good)
- Choose the AUDIENCE – this will ensure that your event shows up on our “Audience Landing Pages” which include
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Parents & Families
- Enter the LOCATION
- Enter the EVENT DATE(S) – I would avoid the “Repeat” function – it still needs some work, but will be nice for monthly or weekly meetings in the future
- Write a brief DESCRIPTION (the icons in the Edit Summary box work a lot like Microsoft Word, and if you have any questions, feel free to email me or call me at x.3037). To link to an external website, use the regular chain link. To link to an internal page, use the “LinkIt” button.
- MARKETING & PROMOTING YOUR EVENT – You can choose which Departments’ pages (academic & non-academic) your event will automatically show up on, and you can also choose the Academic Programs pages you would like your event to show up on. Just click on the department or program you’d like to be listed on (ctrl + click for multiple depts./programs).
- CONTACT INFORMATION – enter the contact name & info for your event
- SAVE your event! (button is on bottom left of form)
- CHECK THE CALENDAR – it could take about 15 minutes for the event to show up depending on when the automated system runs through and flushes the site’s cache (it is scheduled to run every 15 minutes).
- If your event doesn’t show up, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll give it a smack to get it going.
- FRONT PAGE WORTHY EVENTS? If you’d like your event to show up on the MAIN HOME PAGE for all public visitors to see, email me & I’ll promote your event to the front page!