The funds for this program are donated to the Foundation by Western alumni, friends, and parents.
- Provide $4,000 to a freshman, sophomore, junior, and senior Western student (one scholarship per class). Students can be resident or non-resident students.
- The Scholarship is renewable for non-seniors:
A. Must maintain a 3.5 grade point average;
B. Must contribute their leadership abilities as a student;
C. Must submit a brief letter outlining these accomplishments;
D. Must maintain status as a full-time student.
Eligible candidates should have a high school, transfer, or Western State Colorado University grade point average of, at minimum, 3.5 on a 4.0 scale. For high school applicants, an accompanying score of 25 or higher is required on the ACT or a score of 1100 on the SAT. Candidates must also demonstrate leadership qualities or experience.
- Send a cover letter or resume citing your qualifications and accomplishments.
- Make sure to include your student identification number in your application.
- At least two letters of recommendation.
- Official copy of your most recent educational transcript. Incoming Freshmen, this is a HIGHLY competitive scholarship, please note if your school does not provide advanced courses (AP, Honors, IB, dual credit, etc.)
- Document ACT or SAT scores if not listed on transcript.
- Any other documentation that would be helpful in evaluating you as a candidate for this Scholarship.
- Use staples or paper clips only, NO binders.
Applications must be postmarked by April 1, 2016 and should be submitted to:
Western State Colorado University Foundation, Inc.
THE FOUNDATION SCHOLARS PROGRAM
P.O. Box 1264
Gunnison, CO 81230